Boreal bed-size tatamis
- -The Boreal bed-size tatamis are designed to minimize the quantity of tatamis necessary for standard-size mattresses.
- -Traditional black borders.
- -Made entirely of woven rice straw without any synthetic filling in the center. The bottom is protected by a canvas that acts as a barrier against humidity.
- -The natural color of the tatami mat is greenish and take a wheat color over time with exposure to natural light.
- -Made in China by a Environmental and Quality Management System certified manufacturer.
A tatami is a Japanese term used to describe a type of mat used as a flooring material in traditional Japanese household. Tatamis are made of rice straw with fabric borders.
- Traditional black borders.
- The bottom is protected by a canvas that acts as a barrier against humidity.
- The natural color of the tatami mat is greenish and take a wheat color over time with exposure to natural light.
Our Bed-size Tatamis are made entirely of rice straw without any synthetic filling in the center.
BOREAL BED-SIZE TATAMIS SIZING
Made to be used with standard mattresses and minimize the quantity of tatamis necessary, they are 100 cm x 200 cm by 5cm thick or 100 cm x 100 cm for the half-tatami.
The following sizing chart details the quantity of bed-size tatamis required for every mattress size :
WARRANTY AND CLEANING
The tatamis will last many years if used properly. The natural color of the tatami mat is greenish and take a wheat color over time with exposure to natural light.
You can occasionally dust or vacuum the tatamis and clean it with a humid cloth. Avoid any excess water that could cause molding if not dried properly.
Boreal bed-size tatamis come with a 2-years warranty against all manufacturing defects. Damage caused by wear, humidity or inapropriate usage is not covered by warranty.
The Boreal Bed-size Tatamis are imported from China.
Our manufacturer in China has ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Cerfificate and ISO 9001 Quality Management System Cerfificate.
ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that exists to help organizations :
- Minimize how their operations (processes, etc.) negatively affect the environment (i.e. cause adverse changes to air, water, or land).
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other environmentally oriented requirements.
- Continually improve in the above.
ISO 9001 is defined as the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
HANDMADE IN MONTREAL
BETTER FOR YOU, BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
We’re proud to donate $10 for every mattress sold to Nature Conservancy of Canada
Established in 1962, NCC is Quebec’s leading not-for-profit private land conservation organization.